Monday, July 21, 2008

Good news and bad news

I KNEW better days were coming! The counter (and sink) is going to be installed TOMORROW!! I am so excited I can hardly stand it!

So that was the good news, obviously. The bad news is that my uncle Mark passed away today, just a couple of hours ago. Actually, for him, it's the good news. He is now able to see his daughter Malarie (my cousin) and his mother, my grandma. Malarie was killed in a car accident a few years ago at the age of 20. I'm sure there's a very happy reunion taking place right now on the other side. He unfortunately contracted cancer about a year ago, from asbestos exposure at work over 25 years ago, before anybody knew it was as bad as it was. He has hung in there through chemotherapy, but ultimately the cancer got to be too much. So for the rest of us, we'll miss his AWESOME sense of humor like crazy. He was always so much fun to be around and always had something funny to say, even if it was at his own expense. I love you, uncle Mark!


No comments: