Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday=Yummy Dessert!!

This is Chocolate Brownie Pudding.
I've seen similar recipes with names like
Hot Fudge Cake.
This one is different, and by far the best I've tried.
This recipe comes from the Lion House Bakery.
(I know! You can't go wrong with a Lion House Anything!)
~~~~~~~
Chocolate Brownie Pudding

2 c. all-purpose flour
2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 c. sugar ( I use Organic Cane Sugar)
1/4 c. cocoa
1 t. salt (I use sea salt)
1 c. milk
2 t. vanilla (I like the Kirkland Signature pure vanilla)
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. chopped walnuts (I had pecans so I used those)
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
3 1/2 c. hot water (I cut it to 3 cups and I'm glad)

Preheat oven to 350.
Grease a 9x13 pan.
Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, 1/4 c. cocoa and salt.
To this, add the milk, vanilla
and melted butter. Mix until incorporated.
Stir in chopped nuts.
Pour into pan and set aside. (I added about 1/2 c. of additional milk,
and it was still more like "spread in pan" rather than "pour into pan.")
In a large bowl, mix brown sugar and 1/2 c. cocoa.
Pour in hot (I used almost boiling) water
and stir until well blended.
Carefully pour this on top of the brownie batter in the pan.
Bake for 35-40 minutes.
This is really yummy served warm with vanilla ice cream!!

No comments: