Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The list for today

Okay, so today's post is probably going to be pretty darn boring. If you want to stop reading now and find another more interesting blog to stalk, that's okay. I won't be offended at all. Really. :-)

Today is going to be a relatively quiet day; at least that's how it looks at the outset. (A quiet day for me means no appointments I have to be to, no deadlines I have to keep, nothing on the calendar!) I've had days look that way before, and then they totally went to crap right before my very eyes! Anybody else ever had this experience?! You know, when one of your daughters crashes into another one of your daughters while riding their bikes, and the younger daughter literally gets her front tooth smashed to smithereens? Then you end up at the dentist for an emergency visit, and then said daughter has to go without a front tooth for a year until her permanent one comes in. (At least it was a baby tooth that bit the dust!) Or how about when one of your sons is playing at the neighbor's house, falls HEAD FIRST into a window well, and comes up with a 3-inch gash on the top of his head? You are then forced to run (translation: drive like a bat out of you-know-where) to the nearest facility capable of handling such emergencies.

What all this means is, anything can happen at any given time, especially when 6 kids are involved. :-) What I am hoping to do is to get some more stuff put away in my kitchen, and put the grout in the tiles under where the fridge, dishwasher, and range are going to go. Then I can finally have stuff put back where it goes.

Still reading? Wanna comment? Tell me what you thought of today's post. You can even share your quiet-day-gone-to-crap experiences!

No comments: