Thursday, August 28, 2008

The I'm-tired-of-trying-to-think-of-a-catchy-title Title

So how is it that the kids have gone back to school, and MY brain is tired?

Things are rolling along as ever around here. Except for the backsplash, the main kitchen area is totally and completely finished. The installer was here and put in the toe kick and moldings around the pantry and peninsula. Everything looks really great. Jeff has laid almost all of the tile in the dining area as well, and as soon as he finishes that, I will get to grout it. I've learned that I have to take some Advil before I start, unless I want my back to suffer mightily in the process!

I didn't post about last Friday's interesting escapade. I had to have a repairman come out and look at my BRAND NEW DISHWASHER (yes, you read that right) and I was NOT HAPPY to have to do that! It's supposed to be a higher-end dishwasher, stainless steel with stainless steel tub, the whole bit. (The previous Maytag dishwasher we had was a piece of junk. We owned that thing for 4-5 years, and it was seriously lacking.) After the new one had been installed for a week, it started making a terrible racket upon starting it. Turns out that some little valve on the water line wasn't letting it fill all the way, so it took like 15 minutes for the repair person (is that more politically correct?) to fix it. Now it works like a charm. But needless to say, we weren't so happy about that one. I maintain a Consumer Reports account, and I research everything we buy before we buy it--so hopefully this was a little fluke and my new dishwasher will not have any other problem. (It better not!) I should have had my consumer reports account before we bought the Maytag!




No comments: