Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Muffins

Okay, if I had my kidnapped camera back, I would have taken a picture of these yummy muffins I baked tonight. I got the recipe from over at Real Mom Kitchen, and they were good! I tweaked the recipe a little, so I will give you my version here.

Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins

2 1/2 c. all purpose flour (I used whole wheat pastry flour for one cup of it)
2 c. sugar (I used 1 c. white, 1 c. brown)
1 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. cinnamon (this is my own addition cause I love extra cinnamon!)
1 t. baking soda
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c. canola oil
1 c. canned pumpkin (I added an extra 1/4 cup)
2 c. chopped, peeled apples (I used about 4 medium Goldens)

Topping:
1/4 c. sugar (I used brown)
2 T. flour
4 T. butter, cut into peices
1/2 t. cinnamon (I doubled this)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 2 dozen muffin cups with Pam. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, spices, soda and salt. In a smaller bowl, mix together eggs, pumpkin, and oil. Stir pumpkin mixture and chopped apples into dry ingredients. (Be patient--it takes a little time to incorporate all the flour, but it will all come together fine). Spoon batter into muffin tins, about 3/4 full. Combine streusel ingredients by cutting the butter into the flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Sprinkle streusel over tops of batter. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (My muffins only took 18 minutes, so watch them).

They were very good and all my kids loved them!


No comments: