Thursday, June 12, 2008

Keep 'em guessing!


I like to keep things interesting, hence the change of colors. As if things aren't interesting enough around here, let me tell you.

It's VERY nice to have the roof done, but soon we will be tearing out our ugly kitchen...which I must concede has been O.K. for the last 6 years. I mean, I have lived with it and could have continued to live with it some more. (When I thought about redoing it, I would be put off by the daunting task of living without a kitchen for a few weeks in the process!)

What was the moment that pushed Jeff to declare to me that "you need a new kitchen!"? While talking on the phone with an insurance agent, I bent down to pick something up off the kitchen floor, and promptly stood up and banged my head into the d%^& cabinet that NEVER stays completely closed! While trying to talk on the phone with stars literally spinning around my head, yet sound like nothing at all had just happened, I put my hand up to the spot to check for blood. I didn't see any, until I put my hand up there again and then touched my counter, leaving a big red smear behind.

Well, needless to say I had to have "stitches," or in other words, that new-fangled glue they can sometimes use instead. The upside? I didn't have to have shots in my head to numb the skin. The downside? Having super glue stuck in my hair for literally 2 months. In fact, I'm still trying to get that stuff off some of my hair!

When Jeff came home and looked at "my honey's wound" as he so sweetly put it, he said, "YOU NEED NEW CABINETS!"

So, any wives out there angling for a new kitchen? You know what to try next! LOL


No comments: